Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Leroy Neiman Roulette II

Leroy Neiman Roulette IILeroy Neiman Marlin FishingLeroy Neiman Mardi Gras Parade
The funding committee decides at the end of the week… Why?"
"'Cause you got tonight, then," said Lyra. "You could fix this engine thing to put words on the screen instead of pictures like I made. You could do that easy. Then you could show 'em, and they'd have to give you the money to carry on. Andthe funding application, I daresay," said Dr. Malone. "No, listen. I want you to come back tomorrow. Can you do that? About the same time? I want you to show someone else."
Lyra narrowed her eyes. Was this a trap? you could find out all about Dust, or Shadows, and tell me. You see," she went on a little haughtily, like a duchess describing an unsatisfactory housemaid, "the alethiometer won't exactly tell me what I need to know. But you could find out for me. Else I could probably do that Ching thing, with the sticks. But pictures are easier to work. I think so, anyway. I'm going to take this off now," she added, and pulled at the electrodes on her head.Dr. Malone gave her a tissue to wipe off the gel, and folded up the wires."So you're going?" she said. "Well, you've given me a strange hour, that's no mistake.""Are you going to make it do words?" Lyra said, gathering up her rucksack."It's about as much use as completing

No comments: