Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Vincent van Gogh The Sower

Vincent van Gogh The SowerVincent van Gogh The Night CafeVincent van Gogh Cafe Terrace at Night
she was in your power, you would have brought her."
"She is not, but her daemon is."
"How can that be?"
"I swear, Metatron, her daemon is in my power. Please, great Regent, hide yourself a little, my eyes are dazzled..."
He drew a veil of cloud for him."
"What does he want with the child?"
"To keep her from you until she comes of age. He doesn't know where I've gone, and I must go back to him soon. I'm telling you the truth. Look at me, great Regent, as I can't easily look at you. Look at me clearly, and tell me what you see."
The prince of the angels looked at her. It was the most searching in front of himself. Now it was like looking at the sun through smoked glass, and her eyes could see him more clearly, though she still pretended to be dazzled by his face. He was exactly like a man in early middle age, tall, powerful, and commanding. Was he clothed? Did he have wings? She couldn't tell because of the force of his eyes. She could look at nothing else."Please, Metatron, hear me. I have just come from Lord Asriel. He has the child's daemon, and he knows that the child will soon come to search

No comments: