Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Knight A Bend in the River painting

Knight A Bend in the River painting
Sargent Sargent Poppies painting
Leighton The Painter's Honeymoon painting
Volegov Sun Drenched Garden painting
All I ask is,'' she concluded, ``that they shouldn't bother me any more. I must really be allowed to digest my gruel. . . .'' And she twinkled a little wistfully at Archer.
It was that evening, on his return home, that May announced her intention of giving a farewell dinner to her cousin. Madame Olenska's name had not been pronounced between them since the night of her flight to Washington; and Archer looked at his wife with surprise.
``A dinner -- why?'' he interrogated.
-331-
Her colour rose. ``But you like Ellen -- I thought you'd be pleased.''
``It's awfully nice -- your putting it in that way. But I really don't see -- ''
``I mean to do it, Newland,'' she said, quietly rising and going to her desk. ``Here are the invitations all written. Mother helped me -- she agrees that we ought to.'' She paused, embarrassed and yet smiling, and Archer suddenly saw before him the embodied image of the Family.

No comments: