Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jeffrey T.Larson paintings

Jeffrey T.Larson paintings
Jean-Paul Laurens paintings
"I do not believe that the police credit me -- on my word, I do not," said he in a wailing voice. "Just because they have never heard of it before, they think that such a thing cannot be. But I know that I shall never be easy in my mind until I know what has become of my poor man with the sticking-plaster upon his face."
"I am all attention," said Sherlock Holmes.
"This is Wednesday evening," said Mr. Melas. "Well, then, it was Monday night -- only two days ago, you understand -- that all this happened. I am an interpreter, as perhaps my neighbour there has told you. I interpret all languages -- or nearly all -- but as I am a Greek by birth and with a Grecian name, it is with that particular tongue that I am principally associated. For many years I have been the chief Greek interpreter in London, and my name is very well known in the hotels.

No comments: